cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Simplicity 600 12 month to 30 day rolling contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi after 24 months on an iPhone pay monthly tariff I have just signed up to o2 simplicity 12month contract.

I am potentially moving out of the UK with work in the next year and the adviser who sold me the deal assured me that after 3 months I could transfer to a 30 day rolling contract, at which point I could then cancel at no cost after 30 days.

Is that correct?

It does not seem to be reflected in my T&Cs.

Conor: what if i need to exit within the 12 months? (I'm applying for jobs outside uk)
Scott: It will only charge you as per the tariff cost.
Conor: i.e months remaining by £x
Scott: Or, you can change the tariff to any lower one also after 3months without any fee
Scott: means?
Conor: the charge would be the number of months left multiplied by the tariff cost?
Conor: you can't pay a fee to leave early?
Scott: Yes or you after 3months you can also change to 30days rolling in which you can cancel whenever you want
Scott: If you want to leave after completing 11months then you will have to pay like £11, £16
Scott: depends on the above tariff cost
Conor: So I can now agree to: 12 months SIM only £16.00 tariff which includes 600 minutes to any network, 500 o2 to o2 calls, unlimited texts, 750 MB of data and unlimited O2 Wi Fi every month. After 3 months switch to 30 day rolling and cancel if I need to move away after the 30 days?
Scott: Yes you can
Conor: And move to the new tariff as of tomorrow?
Scott: Within 24hrs automatically
Scott: Shall I go ahead and process the request for £16.00 tariff?
Conor: Yes please.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Very poor live chat advice.

You should have gone on a 30 day tariff not a 12 month as you cannot downgrade as advised .

Have you done this yet if so are you within 7 working days?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

When did O2 ever sell a contract that only lasted 3 months?

A 12 month contract will always be that unless you are advised officially of an early upgrade facility.

Otherwise they would sell 3 month contracts wouldn't they?

I'm puzzled why you didn't take out a 30 day contract though if you knew you would be going abroad so far in advance.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be clear I contacted o2 to cancel my contract and move to giff gaff because I di not want a contract.

I only acepted this offer because o2 explicitly said an early break was possible (and I asked back to confirm - and had it in writing)

Obviously the guy either didn't know (which is ridiculous) or lied to hit a commission target or something (which is even worse).

I'm still in the seven days so will cancel now.

Very disappointing o2!!

Message 4 of 4