I’ve signed up for O2 Travel, but cannot get mobile data

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123364 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@Juliawells1  if it's an iPhone you probably have the wrong apn settings on your phone as it's not working. They need changing. Check them out in settings. I think it should be idata.If that isnt working then it needs changing to mobile.o2.uk If none of that works then contact CS for the correct setting to use whilst abroad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123364 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Hi @Juliawells1 Is Mobile data turned on in your phone settings?

Are you abroad at the moment? If so where are you? Does everything else on your phone work ok?.

We need a bit more info if we are to advise further ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Juliawells1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, mobile data is turned on in settings. I am in Mexico. But I have had this same problem in France. I have spoken to O2 about a year ago And they said they were fixing it because they hadn’t got information on what phone I was using.  It’s at ordinary Apple iPhone SE

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123364 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@Juliawells1  if it's an iPhone you probably have the wrong apn settings on your phone as it's not working. They need changing. Check them out in settings. I think it should be idata.If that isnt working then it needs changing to mobile.o2.uk If none of that works then contact CS for the correct setting to use whilst abroad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144980 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
You will need to change apn to Mobile.o2.co.uk
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

When you get back to the uk ask customer service to put you on the idata bolt on. Then change the apn back to idata.o2.co.uk so that visual voicemail and other features will work. 

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Juliawells1, sorry to hear you were not able to get mobile data to work. Did you make any progress with this in the end? Please do let us know how you're getting on.

Message 7 of 7