Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Not Working and Personal Hotspot not enabled

Makfuajdhsuabd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I have recently upgraded my phone to iPhone 14 pro, and received a new sim (as last phone was stolen). I have network coverage and connection and can text and make calls however my mobile data will not connect (doesn’t show 4g 5g etc in corner when switched on).

My personal hotspot just says ‘set up personal hotspot’ and I am redirected to o2 website which has no info on my actual issue. 

After about a week I got a replacement sim as I was told 1st one could be faulty. This actually worked for around a day and I connected straight away to 5G, and the option to turn on my hotspot was available. However after about a day it randomly stopped working.

I have tried phone reboot, resetting network settings, putting sim in another phone (still doesn’t work) etc. I have been told no bars or blocks on my account and the idata bolt on is activated. I have full network coverage in all the areas I have tried to connect in. Been having this issue for over a week now and o2 are no help. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Makfuajdhsuabd 

I will tag @O2Sarah-  who should be around from 8am tomorrow to try and help you get sorted.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @madasaf1sh 

@Makfuajdhsuabd I will send you a private message so we can look into this 😊

Message 3 of 5

ielhotspot
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @madasaf1sh I'm having a similar issue with an iPhone 13. I have Mobile Data but I just cannot activate my personal hotspot.

I tried some of the steps as @Makfuajdhsuabd

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144467 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@ielhotspot 

You need to contact O2 and ask them to add the iData bolt on to your account then set your data apn to "idata.o2.co.uk"

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5