Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid contract price hikes

Clint1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Who is tired of mid contract price hikes? Its not all about the money, it’s about agreeing a price when you enter into a contract and expecting that price to be the price you pay for the duration of that contract. No other services I subscribe too or bills I pay hike the price up mid contract. I tried to speak with an O2 customer representative about this. After keeping me on hold for nearly 10 minutes and claiming to have a looked at my details and account settings she started reading a script to me - and it basically blamed the government for the price hikes. ‘No’ I said ‘I don’t accept this as the real reason’. ‘It’s an excuse. Its O2 that decide to put the prices up because you choose too, don’t blame inflation.’ As I say other bills I pay could use the same excuse. I for one am sick of accepting it and I won’t renew my contract once it’s over. After giving over 12 years of loyal custom I’ll be moving on.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144901 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Clint1 

There's only Tesco that don't add an rpi increase every year and as they are 50% O2, you'll still be paying O2 in a way.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Clint1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That’s fine with me, same service without the price hikes. Maybe other O2 customers should do the same. It’s a more a matter of principle. As I said the price remaining what I agree for the duration of the contract is important. It seems crazy that network providers do this when hardly any other consumer service industry do this mid contract. More customers need to say no so they get the message.
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Actually you did agree to the RPI increase when you took out the contract

Or do you not check exactly what you sign?

At every stage there is an asterisk* at the side of the tariff*

Look at the asterisk and it will tell you that every April your airtime (not the device as that is a credit agreement and not a service) would increase by the amount of the retail price index which this year is set at 1.4%

EE for example have increased their service charge by 1.4% plus 3.2% on top. All networks do it unfortunately (not all MVNO's though)

We would all wish not to pay it but the only other option is P&G

Message 4 of 4