cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages stuck in outbox

Anonymous
Not applicable
My messages from sony ericsson w890i have suddenly started queueing in outbox and they will not go. I have checked settings no. and emptied sent items box. Any suggestions please?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem with my Sony Ericsson although it is obviously not a fault with our phones. I also know someone else who could not send MMS yesterday.

Called O2 yesterday and got told they will only take "lost or stolen" calls and I should ring back today. Rung back today and get a recorded message to say they are "closed".

yeah yeah yeah I know half the country is short staffed because of snow but surely in a HUGE organisation like O2 they can get on their own 'announcement' forum and advise people as to what is going on... or is that too much to ask.

MMS has been flakey for a while now (pre-snow) and with various outages etc in the last six months of 2009 - O2 seem to be rapidly losing a service that was once superb. I even called customer service a week or so ago to ask about one of the services they provide and the rep. had not even heard of it. She put me through to someone else who had not heard of it either... very strange as I knew about it and had used it before!!!!!

Gotta stop my O2 rant here as dont want to wear my typing fingers down to the knuckle but needless to say that as a loyal paying customer I am not happy. 😞

So yes, MMS are not sending and are getting stuck in the outbox. New settings do not help either. Guess we will have to just continue paying our bills and wait until we can ring O2... or maybe they will reply to this topic and assist us...?

regards
sickofhearingaboutiphone
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You won't hear from them because this is a customer forum for us customers to discuss things.
I have to say that messages getting stuck in the Outbox is a well known issue with SonyEricsson phones. You will need to do a back-up and then re-flash the handset.
Incidentally, I don't think you can blame O2 for being closed given the severity of the weather. I think you need to calm down and take a more level-headed approach.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know it is a customer forum - but they dont even have a service status section on the website, are we customers supposed to guess what is wrong?

I have never heard of the outbox issue with Sony Ericssons but of course accept that you have and so it is probably the case. However, I have had this phone for about 5 years now and it is is excellent condition... never had a problem before... only during the last 6 months. I know it is sometimes a good idea to flash a handset, but when the phone is working fine with other providers I would say that points straight at a problem with O2. Have not flashed my phone in the last 5 years and do not want to start now.

You may notice upon reading again that I did not blame O2 for being closed given the severity of the weather. I did blame them have having no way in the world for loyal paying customers to see a service status or announcements about faults. I have no problem with faults... as long as I know that they know. Then again, we do have the customer forum so that customers can talk to each other and sort their own problems out.

I thank you for your reply prking but suspect you are performing a public relations service for O2. You said I should "take a more level-headed approach". Did you not read in my post about the O2 service which O2 themselves are not aware they offer even though I have used it? I am indeed level headed Sir, but do get anxious when even the most basic questions cannot be answered - if you dont mind things like that then I evny you. I could give more examples but dont want this to turn into a bash-fest against O2 when my current problem is simply MMS and I would like that resolving.

I will choose to wait until O2 are able to answer my query but know for a fact that this service is going downhill fast. I have a log of all the periods coverage has been lost, WAP not working, MMS not working (etc etc) and the list is growing longer fairly regularly. Yet as stated this is only recent... from the days of BT Cellnet right up to about 6 months ago O2 were just absolutely amazing with no faults or hicups whatsoever. I pursuaded all my family to move onto O2 due to their vast superiority over the competition... unfortunately I now think that playing field is leveling out. I dont think their rivals are improving a great deal, I think O2 are letting the once high standards slip a fair bit.

Only time will tell.
grin
(used a smiley face as couldnt find a smiley for 'calm').
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
post duplicated by accident - sorry.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am pretty sick of it too. I have an HTC HD2, and can send text messages OK, and usually can send MMS messages.

Since just before Christmas, I have found that some MMS just hang. One i sent on Christmas day got there on 2 january.

Yesterday, MMS worked. Today, it does not. Is it me or is it the system? I can use facebook and web. All the data services work OK.

I agree there should be a "Service Status" page where issues are posted, and whether they are local, area or national. Get with it O2.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just a customer like you, the fact you feel the need to attack me shows the weakness of arguments.

I think its disrespectful to the OP that you should hijack their thread with your own rant against O2. If you have a complaint then you need to write to O2 as specified in your terms and conditions, hopefully you will get the result you want.

For me, I find a level-headed, calm approach to be more productive.

Now cabbage2007, I would follow my earlier advice to reflash your handset. Its also possible that there is a local problem in your area, you could ask a friend or colleague if they have a problem.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I attacked you? Eh? I made a joke. Your name is prking. Take away the king bit and that leaves pr. P.R. stands for public relations. If you think that is an attack well, I dunno, I am speechless.

If you want to turn nothingness into blame of an attack then you have attacked me by saying I am not level-headed and not calm and now you attack me for being disrespectful to the OP. Eh? I come on here to give support to the OP and show them someone else has the problem. And as for the bit you said "your own rant", well as a paying customer I think I deserve to 'rant' if I want - even though in my last post I did state I held back on facts as did NOT want to turn this into a bash fest. Blimey, you seem to be saying someone can only rant if it is on their own thread that they themselves started. So there you go folks... if you want to rant dont do it on someone elses thread and in support - prking will call you disrespectful - start a seperate thread and rant on there instead.

Anyway, back to cabbage2007:- flash your phone if you want, but I recommend you continue to read this thread and see how many other people have the problem - such as fellwalker2000. This is a place to address the MMS problem and instead of making rash decisions and 'flashing' your phone I recommend we wait a few days until O2 are back at work and get an answer from them. In the meantime more people may choose to post about the same problem thus proving that the MMS problem is indeed an 'issue' for O2. Let me also remind cabbage2007 that before flashing you need to back up everything in your phone or you may lose it. Flashing can also be troublesome and result in you owning a brick and so I would personally consider flashing as a last resort. As I said earlier, I have managed 5 years without needing to flash my phone and will only do so if after a conversation with O2 they are fairly sure the problem is mine.

Thanks for posting fellwalker2000, if we keep each other up to date on this thread which I 'hijacked' just to have a 'rant' then hopefully those with phone problems will find a solution.

Off to start a brand new time wasting and space wasting thread now to have my own personal rant!
:mansurprised:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
This will never become the MMS problem thread because it becomes tiresome and boring to read after the 2nd thread..

All phones develop software issues, my N95 1 day decided to randomly stop me sending SMS's due to a non existant storage issue. It required me to Hard Reset my phone!! Prking is correct, if you have problems it is always worth removing SIM, sending settings, hard resetting phone and so on, then pin all the blame on O2. My Sony Ericsson X1 had the same issue, that was because for some reason the MMS settings had 1 letter wrong which I did not remember going into and changing.

Also as for O2 announcing problems getting through etc, there is a big old message that you cannot miss on the o2.co.uk homepage stating due to the weather they are having problems. Big obvious message on the homepage, how much more in your face do you need?? Also, big snowy day and service problems, doesn't take too much working out..
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
This will never become the MMS problem thread because it becomes tiresome and boring to read after the 2nd thread..
All phones develop software issues, my N95 1 day decided to randomly stop me sending SMS's due to a non existant storage issue. It required me to Hard Reset my phone!! Prking is correct, if you have problems it is always worth removing SIM, sending settings, hard resetting phone and so on, then pin all the blame on O2. My Sony Ericsson X1 had the same issue, that was because for some reason the MMS settings had 1 letter wrong which I did not remember going into and changing.
Also as for O2 announcing problems getting through etc, there is a big old message that you cannot miss on the o2.co.uk homepage stating due to the weather they are having problems. Big obvious message on the homepage, how much more in your face do you need?? Also, big snowy day and service problems, doesn't take too much working out..

1. A new MMS was sent OK today. The ones from yesterday will not re-send, or forward. Wierd.

2. The announcement to which you refer is about customer call centres, not about problems with the network. Yes it is snowy. But look at the principle: they do not have a network status page so even if there was a problem on a day when all customer service were in, there would be no way to find out except to ring. My first attempt is always to look up on web to save disturbing hard working CS staff, who have enough on their plate.
Message 10 of 11