cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message sign with Exclamation mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive just moved to O2 mobile and been using the service fine.

However i have noticed a small message symbol with an exclamation mark after i send txts, i didnt get this at first.

I have read the message details and it says pending, i didnt get this before but the messages are sending ok.

So what does this sign mean? Why am i getting it? Can i do something to the settings to stop this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144462 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
For some reason your phone isn't getting the confirmation back from the network that your message has been sent.
This could be a number of reasons including a network error / glitch / maintenance work or even a faulty sim card.
It could equally just be that the sim needs removing from the phone and wiping with a soft cloth to remove any static build up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive got a HTC Desire 510.

Thanks for the feed back appreciate it!
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122999 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

So.... I looked for an answer to this....If its an Android phone, could this be the message set to hign priority?

(I only ask, as this seems to be a common reason for this exclamation mark).... I have no doubt one of our Android experts will explain....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Also happens if a mms is not sent because mobile data off,
Message 6 of 6