cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mess up by o2 taking too long to be sorted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, my new Nokia Lumia arrived on thursday and as it uses a micro sim I couldn't just put my old sim in to keep the same number which is what I wanted so I rang o2 customer services and explained that I wanted the number from my old sim onto the new micro sim, no problem she said to wait till the phone had no service and to turn it off and on etc. and could take up to 24 hours. 24 hours later I still had no service so rang again on the friday, the guy said they'd made a mistake and instead of putting the old num onto the new sim they'd put the new num onto my old sim so he'd fix that mistake for me but again could take upto 24 hours. It's now been more than 72 hours and I still have no service on my new phone, I've not even been able to fiddle about with it yet because its constantly off and on every hour or so to check its been fixed. What can I do about this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try going onto the Website and clicking 'Contact Us' at the bottom and then use Live Chat.

Message 2 of 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 has an online system for micro sim swaps and when the iphone came out it was publicised as the way to do it.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Works for all tariffs payg pay monthly etc non iphone it is just to swap number and tariff to microsim

Too late now but keep trying via live chat

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Judz

Sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced. Do you have service on your phone today?

If you're still having problems drop me a PM with your details and I'll check it out for you.

Thanks

Zoe

Message 4 of 4