cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory, Sim or Phone or Both

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't too many themes on my Nokia 2630, and wondered why I often get a message saying Memory Full, is the because I have all my contacts 90 of them on the Sim and not the phone?
When I check the memory status for the phone it says 0% used 100% free, and the Sim says 410 Free and 90 used.
I am not sure whether I should have the memory set to both the phone and the Sim.

I used to have some themes on this phone that got deleted when I went back to factory settings, but when I try downloading them again either I get memory full or after it tries to download I receive a load of gobbidy gook characters on screen and it obviously fails.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Themes and contacts are different. Themes cannot be stored on the SIM, so that's not the cause of your error message.
If you go into the Gallery you can see how much free memory you have.
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Themes and contacts are different. Themes cannot be stored on the SIM, so that's not the cause of your error message.
If you go into the Gallery you can see how much free memory you have.

Phone Memory
Free memory in phone is 8.4MB
Gallery 3.4MB
Messaging 120kb
Applications 778kb
Bookmarks 2.0kb
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
This message 'memory full ' does it pop up when you are trying to do something or when you try to install a theme/app?
If it's the former, then its probably your RAM which is full. This could be caused by using a theme, wallpaper or screensaver with Flash that eats up your memory. (The ones with fancy clocks, battery indicators etc)
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
This message 'memory full ' does it pop up when you are trying to do something or when you try to install a theme/app?
If it's the former, then its probably your RAM which is full. This could be caused by using a theme, wallpaper or screensaver with Flash that eats up your memory. (The ones with fancy clocks, battery indicators etc)

Yes, it is when trying to install a theme, I sometimes get the word SORRY too after it fails.
I don't have any themes with Flash as far as I am aware.
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you using the in-built browser to install the themes. If so , from what site?
(I'm thinking that if it's any large page there won't be room in RAM for the existing theme, the page and to download the new theme)
Incidentally the phone has 11megabytes of storage, those figures seem to add to more than 11?
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you using the in-built browser to install the themes. If so , from what site?
(I'm thinking that if it's any large page there won't be room in RAM for the existing theme, the page and to download the new theme)
Incidentally the phone has 11megabytes of storage, those figures seem to add to more than 11?

I just go to the Nokia site, then to downloads, then themes, then I select download.
As for the figures, I just took them from what the phone said.
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which Nokia site as they have several? What is the address?
You've said on your other thread that you can download themes from other sites, this probably means that the situation is as described above.
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which Nokia site as they have several? What is the address?
You've said on your other thread that you can download themes from other sites, this probably means that the situation is as described above.

The Nokia site that was on the phone when I got it, I assume it is Nokia.com.
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you highlight the Nokia bookmark, then press Options you can see the address. (It won't be Nokia.com)
Message 10 of 21