Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast taken down near me!

Brownbob
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A mast was taken down near me and O2 never mentioned or contacted me. I have sent an email off but of course. Buried their head in the sand. How do I get a proper response?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

They, or any other network, don't have to inform you if a mast is taken down in your area.

The do have an application called 'My Network' Download it and register to stay informed.

If it was taken down it would be for a good reason, often access or leases expiring are involved.

Replacement is not easy, planning consent, and NIMBY activity 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Brownbob 

Not sure what a proper response is but you can ask complaints for an explanation.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Be aware that it can take a while to get a response though as they are particularly busy with many complaints currently.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Brownbob 

It might be worth checking the planning applications on your local authority's website ; you might find that O2 are hoping to erect something better on the same site or in close proximity. 

Message 4 of 13

Brownbob
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Found out they have taken it down to allow a Solar Panel Plant to be constructed. I had to find this information out for myself. Paying O2 for 5 to 6 phones on contract for the last 20 years should give me some loyalty. That plant would have been subject to all sorts of applications and objections and it will have been years in the planning. For O2 to not say anything and let me hunt high and low to find out why is absolutely disgraceful. I think EE can have my money from now on. 

Message 5 of 13

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

That will be moving to the EE who decommissioned a mast on United Utilites land near me and failing to tell me.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 13

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 82 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

No network proactively tells customers when sites are being taken off-air or decomissioned, it's very much a BAU activity. EE have an option on their status checking webtool to register a number of locations for proactive updates, but that is an opt-in facility, and none of this is dictated by account spend.

Message 7 of 13

samstander
  • 32 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is it effecting your reception?

Message 8 of 13

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@samstander 

If you are asking that question of @Brownbob, you need to tag him thus ! 👍 

Message 9 of 13

Brownbob
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes. It's affecting my reception. I am trying to be cool with O2 but they just ignore you. I liken it to hiring a taxi and it drops you off half way! Dreadful service. Especially not answering queries. I'm nearly at the 8 week stage so I will be taking it up with the Ombudsman. 
Thanks for your reply. 

Message 10 of 13