cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Bill Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm new to O2. I took out a contract phone with Carphone Warehouse and selected O2 as my network. But I'm having major billing issues. Instead of going through everything, I'll just paste that my "My O2" page says -

"What you've paid, what's due, and when.

Bill date Not available

Payment due on Not available

Latest bill amount £0.00

Balance* £0.00

Next bill date 3rd August 2012

* Billed amount less any payments received"

I presume, therefore, that unless I pay my bill by August 3rd (today) by midnight then my services will end. But when I click "to pay" or whatever it says -

"We have yet to produce a bill for your account. Please look at the "Recent charges" screen to see when you will receive your first bill.

To make your personal budgeting easier, we will send you an e-mail when your first and subsequent bills are produced."

Under the "Recent Charges" section it says -

Previous bill dateNone
Next bill date03 Aug 12
What I've used0.00
Recent charges to date£0.00

How can I be expected to keep my services if I physically can't actually pay my bill? 

I tried calling them but since their customer services are currently closed I got through to the automated machine. I told it I wanted to "make a payment" but it said that "it was currently unavailable".

What makes me even more worried is that no money whatsoever has been taken out of my bank account yet - I orded the phone off of Carphone Warehouse last Saturday, it arrived on Tuesday complete with the O2 sim ready to go, with all my tariffs up and running - but I'm yet to have been billed for anything and it's almost been a week.

What shall I do?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Your bill date will be 3th of the month so the payment due date will be 17th each month,  o2 have had an issue today so bills produced today are not available online, I had same problem so rang them earlier and they said they hope it will be resolved soon, also I don't know if the auto payment system is available when customer services is closed.  I would ring them tomorrow to see if resolved. hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Your bill date will be 3th of the month so the payment due date will be 17th each month,  o2 have had an issue today so bills produced today are not available online, I had same problem so rang them earlier and they said they hope it will be resolved soon, also I don't know if the auto payment system is available when customer services is closed.  I would ring them tomorrow to see if resolved. hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheer for the reply - I was getting quite worried then! The clock has also just struck 00.00 and my services are still up and running so I presume (and hope) it's and issue on their end.

Another thing though, on the O2 App, for my Bill and Payment Due on date it says "01.01.2070" - does anyone have idea what this is about?

Also, why does O2 not just take the money out of my bank? Do I have to make payment to them each month?

I'm new to all this Pay Month business, so apologies if my questions seem a little "stupid".

Cheers slight_smile

Message 3 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You should have set up a direct debit when you took out the contract, once set up the bills will be paid automatically.

If the O2 system is down this will cause a delay.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 4