cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made mistake-Can I reduce my pay monthly amount

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well basically my son, found out my password for o2 so if I have any problems with them, I tell them the password and go from there, now on the online chat, he manage to increase the pay monthly amount from £15 to £25, I would like to reduce this down to the £20 tariff not £25.
Is this going to be possible? Because I cant afford the £25 tariff.
It is simplicity 12 month Tariff,
Thanks.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will need to call o2 and explain the situation to see if they can reduce it for you, but if I may offer this advice, don't call them and try to say they made a mistake. If your son had the correct password they did nothing wrong. It may even be that your son changed the password online, which is only possible if you possess the sim for the account which, I'm guessing, your son has. You may need to discuss extra security arrangements with o2 or, if your son is that untrustworthy, take it off him altogether.
Hope you get sorted
Message 2 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Who made a mistake?
O2 can only act by someone having the correct details, I think you made the mistake here!
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will need to call o2 and explain the situation to see if they can reduce it for you

What number would I needo to ring off the iPhone to take it from my minutes and not charge me and that can deal with this type of situation?
Message 4 of 9

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3126 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
If you can't change it, change your son grin
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi rosser, if you call 202 from your hanset it is completely free and does not come out of your minutes. You may have to wait until the end of your billing month to change it back as it can mess up your bill if the tariff is changed twice in the same Billing month. Has the change already happened? If not they can just cancel the request for you.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
dont they ask security questions on chat?
anyhow why would u give him your password to access your account in the first place
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85702 Posts
  • 591 Topics
  • 4592 Solutions

Yes they do.
Message 8 of 9

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3126 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Yes they do.

Are you my mummy? grin grin grin
Message 9 of 9