cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS settings

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this is phone or settings related, so will post the query here.

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII. When I receive a picture message all I get is a grey button which says "Download". When I press the button it disappears, and the word "Downloading" appears in the message body. After a while I get "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped." I also had this when a friend sent me a contact.

When I send a picture message, the picture loads into the message correctly but it just says sending and then messaging stops. When I open messaging again the picture will still be there saying sending, but it never sends.

I have been led to believe this may be APN settings, but I have not been able to find a link to them on the O2 website, and the various other links where I have seen them have all varied slightly.

Thanks in advance, Jim.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://mobileguide.o2.co.uk/devices/device.jsp?deviceId=738&tab=8 any use?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will give it a try, thanks...

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I went as far as deleting all the existing APNs and creating two new ones for GPRS WAP & MMS and Mobile Web as per the instructions on O2 support, but still no joy...

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
In desperation I just text ACTIVE to 2020, this time it is now working. So I just have the two APNs now... I have to say that the APN it just installed does not match the settings on the website.
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 87000 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5123 Solutions

What apn are you using now Jim, it could possibly help others with the same problem?

2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have three showing, O2 Mobile Web, and two O2 Postpay GPRS. The other one I created called O2 Pay Monthly was deleted when I received the new settings after texting ACTIVE to 2020.

Message 7 of 7