Did you mean: 

MMS redirected

Guevara
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

tonight my sister sent me a couple of MMS. Although my phone displayed them I received a o2_alert text informing me that i had been sent a media message from xxxx(my own number) that my device does not support. I was given a link and code to accesses them on an o2 website. My previous phone from which I am using the same number did not support MMS, is this why I have received this alert? Also will I be charged for my number forwarding the MMS to the o2 site to be viewed?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There are no charges for receiving an MMS.
You phone won't display the message unless you have MMS turned on in settings, have mobile data turned on and have the correct settings.
Text the word "active" to 2020 to ensure your settings are correct and check the other two settings in your phone menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There are no charges for receiving an MMS.
You phone won't display the message unless you have MMS turned on in settings, have mobile data turned on and have the correct settings.
Text the word "active" to 2020 to ensure your settings are correct and check the other two settings in your phone menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay. But why would it redirect to the o2 website to view it there when my phone displayed it anyway. Makes no sense.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Because the system didn't receive the correct feedback signal from your phone.
Most likely something just slightly off with your apn.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Guevara If you and your sister want to avoid charges for sending MMS, you both should download Whatsapp. No charges for MMS, calls, video calls, or texts if sent over WiFi, as in free.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Bambino yes I need to do that. My sister already has it.
Message 6 of 8

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 okay thanks, probably need to check my APN setting.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It could just be a network glitch too.
Every time a message is sent to your phone (either SMS or MMS) your phone sends a response back to the network to confirm it's been received.
If the network doesn't receive a response, it will continue to send the message until it does, but in the case of an MMS, if the response sent back doesn't confirm the correct receipt of the message, you will get sent a link to view it online too.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8