cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS receiving - why does the spend cap need to be above £0?

rcfc76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey all

I want to set a spend cap of £0 on my account as I know I do not want to send MMS or international texts.

I however want to be able to receive MMS but apparently this is blocked by setting the spend cap to £0 - even those these are free to receive

Is there any way to get past the £0 spend cap blocking receipt of MMS?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @rcfc76 

You won't get charged for receiving MMS, only sending them.

If you used Whatsapp or FB messenger to send pictures over wifi, you wouldn't be charged.

Either way, having a spend cap wont affect you receiving MMS

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@rcfc76 

Make sure you have mobile data on to receive them.

They can't be downloaded over wifi.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Kode
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi

I have a spend cap set at £0 and when I receive a MMS message I receive a text with a link to log into o2 website to view the MMS message. If you require the MMS message to be downloaded in your messages, you will have to change the spend cap from £0.
Message 4 of 5

rcfc76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes kode as you say, o2 have made the inexplicable decision to not deliver mms direct to your phone from others if you have a spend cap of £0. So if you have no intention of sending mms (so cap of £0) you are not allowed to receive mms in the usual way either. This makes no sense. A spend cap of £0 switches the whole mms service off

Having data switched on (I always do) and the mms access point set up makes no difference
Message 5 of 5