cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISSLEAD BY PRICES ABROAD !!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently been abroad to Turkey, lovely holiday yet on my return I now have a bill of 264 pound!!!! On my arrival to Turkey I switched my phone on and received a text from o2 with the following...

Keep your phone on in Europe... send texts for 7p and receive for free. Calls cost 50p then free for the 1st hour ect...

Yet these prices do not match my bill!! After looking on the internet apparently Turkey is not part of the deal yet O2 mislead me by sending me this text on my arrival. Surely O2 wouldn’t have sent me this text with these prices if they were not the ongoing rates I was to pay whilst being on holiday abroad!!!!!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23207 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

Best thing to do is call Customer Services on 202 and dispute the charges. DO NOT try to do this via Live Chat.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23207 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

Best thing to do is call Customer Services on 202 and dispute the charges. DO NOT try to do this via Live Chat.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144995 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
It is possible that your phone initially registered on a European network when you first arrived and then switched. Do you remember seeing different network operators displayed on your screen?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully you retained the o2 text to backup your issue.

Let us know how you get on please.
Message 4 of 4