cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAJOR Text Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Pay Monthly contract with Samsung Galaxy S3, and my partner has a Pay Monthly Contract with iPhone 4S.

In the past 3-4 weeks he hasn’t been receiving approximately half of my texts sent to him. I have been receiving some random texts sent by him weeks ago (which I had received previously as well!) and mashed up texts when part of the text is a recent text and the other part of it is a part of an old text!

I have contacted O2 numerous times by e-mail, phone and live chat. I have tried (on both phones!) choosing different network then back O2 again, re-entering the text message service number, switching the phones off, taking the SIM out, cleaning it and inserting it back, trying the SIM’s in different handsets and finally was sent SIM’s replacements.

None of the above has fixed the problem. The O2 advisors keep repeating the same old script they have and as none of their “solutions” work, they now just hang up or leave the chat room.

I have all the e-mails and chat transcripts as well as screenshots from both phones with what has been sent vs what has been received proving their incompetence and the absence of service but they wouldn’t let me cancel and are making me pay for the air and also wasting my time making me to retell the whole story each time I contact them and then going through their scripts hoping I haven’t tried some of their so called solutions yet, then hang up.

Does anyone have any idea what I could do please?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you're not getting any satisfaction you need to escalate the matter. To make a formal complaint take a look here:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. But I've done that already too. This is what they came up with:

I can appreciate who frustrating it can be to receive a text a while after it has been sent to you, especially if it is an urgent message.

Unfortunately, our service isn’t fault-free; a range of different geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control can impair it. For instance, coverage might also depend on how many people near you are trying to use the Service at the same time.

We are working to develop a better network both on the underground and in general, as in London things such as lots of people using their phones can impact customers as the network can be busy and as a result texts and calls can be delayed getting through.

As a gesture of goodwill, for the delays you have suffered, I have credited your account with £10; this will show on your next bill date.

If you’ve any more questions about this, please call me on 0845 330 0684. We’re open Monday to Friday, between 8am and 6.30pm. Don’t forget, you may also be able to find any information you need on our website, www.o2.co.uk

Kind regards   

Darren Hands |

Customer Relations Executive

T 0845 330 0684

In summary, they don't care, £10 is supposed to be enough to cover all the wasted time, lost messages and misunderstandings in the coversations but I must keep paying for my monthly bills = for nothing.

Message 3 of 12

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I can understand your frustration and I agree that O2's goodwill gesture of £10 is a paltry sum, but I'm not sure what else they can do if they are saying that the circumstances are beyond their control. I can only suggest that when your contract is up, you express your dissatisfaction by moving to another network.

If your phone isn't locked to O2, you might try getting a PAYG sim from another network and stick O2's £10 on it to see if another network is any better in your area.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

£10 was a one off "good will", I still have to keep paying the full monthly bill for the service I'm not receiving while my network provider says their network issues is not their problem. Ridiculous. 

Message 5 of 12

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I understand what you're saying. Is it only a problem with texts or do you have a problem making calls as well? What I suggested was that you get a Pay and Go sim from another network and try that in your phone. If you have problems with it, then it isn't specifically an O2 problem. It's the only way you can be sure that the problem lies with O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I try a SIM form another network in an O2 phone??? 

What I did try already is my SIM in my previous handset and was experiencing exactly same issue as mentioned in the very first post. 

I think it's time to get in touch with a solicitor as if I need to get a SIM with another network what is the point for paying for the completely useless one as well.

Thanks for your attempt to help anyway.

Message 7 of 12

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I'm sorry I haven't been much help. If you look at my earlier post I had said that if your phone was unlocked you could try a different network's sim. I understand your frustration over all this. All I can suggest is that before you go shelling out money for a solicitor, try calling Customer Services again. Every once in a while (and it's by luck of the draw), you can get a sympathetic advisor who might be able to help you with this problem. If you can prove that you are not getting the service you are paying for, you might have a case for terminating your contract early.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It is definitely network related... O2 are renowned for SMS issues - Always have been in all the years I've been with O2 it's never changed or got any better 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any outcome on this? Im having exactly the same issue text messages coming through days later at random times and scrambled texts mixing a recent message with one that was sent ages ago. Reading all of this i might just change providers and not even bother going to customer services 😞
Message 10 of 12