cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a new phone last week - an early upgrade and contract change - and opted for click and collect at my local O2 store. Delivery date given when ordering was 8th July. The order is marked complete and dispatched 4th July. The DPD parcel number does not exist, the store does not have the phone, and O2 can only tell me that it has been dispatched and to wait five days. I'm not understanding why anyone would order a phone online if the delivery time is over a week. Any ideas how I can track the phone? Or do I just cancel?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Latest update - I was too cynical! The phone has been delivered - and then stolen from the store. The guy seemed to think this was a perfectly reasonable explanation, and went on to say that, the store might have been busy when DPD delivered the phone. I.e. the assistant signed for it and then slung it on a counter somewhere. The guy phoned around other O2 shops in Leeds - because, apparently, DPD do get confused - but no sign of the phone. He's going to "investigate further" and phone me tonight. I asked what happens if the phone has gone (which it looks like it has), and he tells me that a replacement will be ordered - so that's another week of waiting. Me, I'd be sacking the store manager for a start Smiley Mad

Message 11 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Latest update - I was too cynical! The phone has been delivered - and then stolen from the store. The guy seemed to think this was a perfectly reasonable explanation, and went on to say that, the store might have been busy when DPD delivered the phone. I.e. the assistant signed for it and then slung it on a counter somewhere. The guy phoned around other O2 shops in Leeds - because, apparently, DPD do get confused - but no sign of the phone. He's going to "investigate further" and phone me tonight. I asked what happens if the phone has gone (which it looks like it has), and he tells me that a replacement will be ordered - so that's another week of waiting. Me, I'd be sacking the store manager for a start Smiley Mad

Don't know about being too cynical. It's you that are waiting ...and waiting... for a phone which due to some almighty mess up by DPD or O2 Store you STILL haven't got yet Smiley Mad

Be very interesting to see whether you get this promised phone call? Getting a bit late now Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
No call from the store so I've just phoned O2. Spoke to a lovely lady. Very helpful. She thinks the store does have the phone and they're a bit useless. I tend to agree. If you are reading this, make a note to avoid the O2 store in the Merrion Centre in Leeds! Anyway, she can't see that phone has been used, but has now barred it. A new phone has been ordered but I've missed the delivery cut-off for tomorrow (cry), so will be Monday now. They're delivering the phone to my work address, which has 24/7 security, so it should arrive!
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't know their was an O2 store in the Merrion Centre.

I use the one in Trinity Arcade or in the WhiteRose.

What a nightmare your having. 😞
Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What an almighty mess. No surprise that you didn't get the call back as promised.

Hope you get this sorted soon...and your new phone arrives as promised wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143440 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It certainly seems that when they mess up they do a proper job !!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 17