cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a new phone last week - an early upgrade and contract change - and opted for click and collect at my local O2 store. Delivery date given when ordering was 8th July. The order is marked complete and dispatched 4th July. The DPD parcel number does not exist, the store does not have the phone, and O2 can only tell me that it has been dispatched and to wait five days. I'm not understanding why anyone would order a phone online if the delivery time is over a week. Any ideas how I can track the phone? Or do I just cancel?

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
No call from the store so I've just phoned O2. Spoke to a lovely lady. Very helpful. She thinks the store does have the phone and they're a bit useless. I tend to agree. If you are reading this, make a note to avoid the O2 store in the Merrion Centre in Leeds! Anyway, she can't see that phone has been used, but has now barred it. A new phone has been ordered but I've missed the delivery cut-off for tomorrow (cry), so will be Monday now. They're delivering the phone to my work address, which has 24/7 security, so it should arrive!

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Did you get any tracking info sent via e mail. Look in your spam folders.

Click and collect link http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),C...

Track order link http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-track-your-order#qs

Edit ; if you've only spoken to O2 via Live Chat then speak to them via 202 which is Uk Customer Services.

Let us know how you get on and good luck.
Message 2 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Wouldn't it be easier to just upgrade in store?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

No emails, bandofbrothers, and that was my point MI5 slight_smile  I thought it would be easy online, no salesperson, no fuss. Just have to collect the phone. Sorted. Oh no! I'll try phoning them and register a complaint

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can register your complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Hope this goes ok for you.
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke to 202 and explained the situation. After a long time on hold whilst the agent spoke to DPD, I've been told that the phone is at the store and they are busy but will phone me. I can collect the phone tomorrow though. Now, call me cynical, but I think DPD lost the phone and the store has one in stock so I'm being given that. I'll see what tomorrow brings!
Message 6 of 17

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good outcome in the end.

Fingers crossed. slight_smile
Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Now, call me cynical, but I think DPD lost the phone and the store has one in stock so I'm being given that. I'll see what tomorrow brings!

I must be cynical too slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 17

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Call me cynical too then because I think your wording is generous. Evil

I once had a card put through the door from Securicor when O2 used them for deliveries to say my phone was at the depot. Suffice to say that they couldn't find it when I went to the depot and O2 had to send a relacement, and that was pre smartphones.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 10 of 17