cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost or Stolen SIM card abroad, huge charges, cannot contact o2.

Michael95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My pay monthly SIM card has been lost or stolen from my device as I have been travelling and using a foreign SIM. I have endlessly tried to report this for 2 weeks now, but it seems that no one is ever on the online chat! It's absolutely infuriating that I pay over 40 quid a month and I cannot contact my provider. I cannot make the free phone call, as I have no o2 SIM. This is absolute madness, as I now have had a bill of 100 pounds and I have not been using that SIM! I just do not know what to do, I feel really let down by o2, this is not what you expect when you pay these sorts of prices monthly.

Can anyone help me how to freeze the current SIM, send a new one to my UK address for when I get back and how I can get around disputing these charges ASAP?

Kind regards, 

Michael 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michael95 read this link on how to report but you are actually liable for at least the first £100 of charges https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/lost-or-stolen-device

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Michael95 You can call customer service for free from any phone on +44800 032 1402

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Martin-O2 @EmilieT @Marjo can you assist here?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Michael95, sorry to hear that your SIM has been lost, and that you've been having trouble contacting customer service! Happy to get someone to take a look at this for you, although I'll need a few additional details - I'll drop you a PM here on the forum shortly to discuss further.

In the meantime, have you had any chance to try with the free number @Bambino posted above in case you can get in touch that way?

Message 6 of 6