Did you mean: 

Locked Dongle/Lost account

Dongle_Guy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone,

I used to have a pay monthly data contract with a Huawei 5200mAh dongle. I found it the other day after nearly 4 years of not using it and thought it would be handy to take on holiday. So I have a new sim card from smarty, pay as you go.

I've just popped it in and the display is saying SIM LOCK. Ok so I need to unlock it. It does let me see a O2 login screen but I have no idea of my old username and password.

Can anyone advise on what to do next? I tried to phone O2 and it after I select the options, it hangs up.

Is there an email i can contact?

I have found online a way of unlocking it without bothering O2 but without the login details I can't get to the set up to do this. I also fear that it will be my old email that o2 have so I don't have access to it when I try to change password.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Dongle_Guy 

To start off there should be a reset button on the dongle which will clear any changes you have made to the setup.

The dongle login username and password will both be "admin" when reset.

You'll need an active O2 sim to unlock it then follow the help here Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

Edit for spelling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Dongle_Guy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks.

I haven't made any changes as yet. I can't get past the part where it asks for my o2 username and password.

But thank you, I will read that link.

Message 3 of 3