Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat....doesnt work

Bob14
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why on earth does the customer service not allow live chat in the UK? everytime I try it doesnt work. Spent ages on the phone uneccessarily. No wonder people are leaving O2

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Bob14 

It does allow it, but it only comes available a) when an agent is available and b) when the queue length allows.. 

It is like a lot of "live chat" it is actually time delayed as people complained that they didnt want to spend time in queues, so when an answer is made to the question it pushes it back. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Bob14 

It does allow it, but it only comes available a) when an agent is available and b) when the queue length allows.. 

It is like a lot of "live chat" it is actually time delayed as people complained that they didnt want to spend time in queues, so when an answer is made to the question it pushes it back. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

VickyVega
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nope, I got a message saying my question would be answered whilst I could ‘get on with your day’ 

O2, just like so many service providers, are no longer bothered about the customer experience.

£1,800,000,000 profit last year. And still my bill went up by 15% - it’s a national disgrace 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36353 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@VickyVega - much of the support function is handled by the O2 Social Media Team, leaving telephone support for the selling and money side of the business, as far as I can see. The Chat option is very heavily scripted and therefore not best suited to answering really technical queries.

So: Call Centre for Payment queries.

MyO2 or Web Chat for general account queries.

O2 Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, as referred in the page just below this post) Team for everything else.

Then there is the Community Forum, where the real help happens 😉

Message 4 of 4