cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little or no signal where I've moved to!!

GypsyJen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've moved house recently and there is literally little or no signal in most rooms, calls get cut off. It's 4G. 5G would be worse and 3G is vanishing anyway as they are "repurposing it" in their words.  I now feel like I have to find a stupid amount of money to pay off my contract amount and try to find a provider with a good a good signal where I live. Even though, when I check on Signal Checker on both O2 and Vodafone, both say there is good signal in my area for everything. There was a fault a few days ago, which has now been fixed and still no better. I've been with O2 for some time and angry that I will now have to swap. Do they seriously think people are just made of money?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23204 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@GypsyJen You can't really blame O2 if you moved to an area with poor coverage. Were you not aware of the problem when you visited the area before you moved? The signal checkers are just computer-generated guesses as to signal strength in any particular area. See if either of these links helps you:

How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

Why do I have poor coverage indoors? (o2.co.uk)

If you do decide to switch providers, get Pay & Go sims first to see which network works best in your area.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23204 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@GypsyJen You can't really blame O2 if you moved to an area with poor coverage. Were you not aware of the problem when you visited the area before you moved? The signal checkers are just computer-generated guesses as to signal strength in any particular area. See if either of these links helps you:

How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

Why do I have poor coverage indoors? (o2.co.uk)

If you do decide to switch providers, get Pay & Go sims first to see which network works best in your area.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6779 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

Depending on your phone you can activate WiFi Calling when at home 

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3