Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit the 'accounts' shown in O2 App?

sjw211
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have four lines (phone numbers) on my account.  Mine and three for the family.

When I install the My O2 app it asks me to login etc. and then shows me all the details and usage for all the lines.

Can the App also be installed onto the other three devices but only show the info for that number?

The Vodafone equivalent only showed the local info by Default (initial setup has to be done on the Network (not WiFi etc.) and then showed it.  Only 'logging in' as the account holder showed all the info and lines.

Also, when I login into the App and select the Profile option at top right (Person silhouette) it gives my name but the number is not the one I use, it's my son's.    I selected the Contact preferences and selected my number.  It sent me a text and I received it and the App accepted the code - but this info hasn't changed.  My son gets sent information intended for me.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@sjw211

I have just tested this on my own devices and it will show the default as the number logged into but then i can see the other accounts as well via the dropdown.

The best way to avoid this is use myo2 via the web.

O2 will always send information regarding that mobile number direct to that mobile number.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

sjw211
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The default I see is the first in the list - which isn't mine.  If I change it and view mine then it shows that when I open it again.

I just removed the App and re-installed.  Selecting the Profile picture in the top right still gives the wrong number and it is not my Preferred Contact Number.

I expected the App to be able to just show the info for the phone it is installed on.  Otherwise, allowing other phones to see their usage etc. also gives payment options, upgrade options, tariff changes etc.??

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Unfortunately it isn't as good as the Voda app in that respect in that respect and yes, all users will have full access to accounts and services.

It's something that is due a makeover for sure.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4