Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Like new handset is a barred handset

Emmalcox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, advice wanted please. I upgraded my sons phone for his birthday, he wanted the Samsung s7, but I couldn't afford a brand new one, looked further down and was amazed to see like new ( which apparently are a step below A brand new handset) at a fraction of the cost, so I went ahead. The phone arrived and we were more than happy. I went through the steps to do the sim swap but his new phone just kept coming up emergency calls only. Left it, well I had to because of Xmas but at the next available business day I rang them to get told, I'm sorry Mam you've been sent a barred handset. The operator understood I wasn't happy and escallated the case straight to management. Guess what never heard a thing from management and phone never came on. So I rang again, had to wait because of new year. Spoke to another operator, took details of imei number etc said she would esculate the case to management and put the form in to get it unbarred, To NY utter amazement its still not on..I just don't know where to turn now. I'm utterly disgusted they are taking my money for a phone my son can't use and how can a company send out a barred handset. Help and advise please

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ooooops, that's really bad form from O2!
Start off with a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain and maybe also an email to the CEO. I'm sure he'd be happy to know what goes on wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
A barred handset? Wonder where they got their hands on that?
Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I dread to think!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Certainly would make me very wary. This needs investigating at the highest level. Would it be possible for someone to trade in an O2 phone to the nearly new programme...then slap in an insurance claim? (By then it would already be in the system?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

Emmalcox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, where do I go about finding out the CEO's details. O2 customer service is about as much use a ****** on a snake so apart from my phone bill going through the roof I've had no joy what soever 

As u can imagine I'm at end of my rope. 

I've drafted a email complaints review team at o2 

Message 6 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

We're not permitted to give out the CEO's address. You have to Google it. Send the email to the complaints review team as well.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 19

Emmalcox
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK thankyou I will do, any advice on how I can get the phone unbarred??? Anyone??? 

Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If o2 barred it they can unbar it.
You just gotta find someone capable of doing so in CS.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Certainly would make me very wary. This needs investigating at the highest level. Would it be possible for someone to trade in an O2 phone to the nearly new programme...then slap in an insurance claim? (By then it would already be in the system?)

Yes, it's feasible it could happen that way......

Currently using:
Message 10 of 19