cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter from o2 regarding change to billing.

Calumthomas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

IMG_3693.jpeg

Just really after some advice guys as I can’t understand what’s going on, I’m currently on hold and have been for 54 minutes to the Legacy Bill department- for the second time today, I can’t get through, and I need to sort this within 30 day according to the letter. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Calumthomas 

What a strange letter.......

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6325 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Calumthomas 

I cannot establish that 0808 281 6956 is an authentic O2 number. It is not found by Google and it does not feature in Guide: How to find help & contact O2

Please 'phone the number that @MI5 has given you above as the letter just might be a scam.   

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

But the other numbers are genuine O2 numbers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

Oxonian
  • 6325 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

But the other numbers are genuine O2 numbers.

Absolutely @MI5 but I wonder if that's all part of the psychology of the scam and putting the scam 'phone number first of the three ? And if what is posted on here is to be believed, nobody will answer the genuine numbers anyway, thereby forcing the caller to ring the scammers' number ! 

One thing that using this forum teaches you is that you cannot be too careful ! 👍 

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

`Exactly what we have been saying for years.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

Calumthomas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So a little update- Ive now tried 11 times to get through to somebody in the Legacy Bill Department they say are the only ones who can handle my account. Im pretty patient so I have tried to trust the process, in the end though I've complained and the Lady who answered on 202 this time has escalated it and is going to get back to me- she basically tried to call the department herself but said the queue was too long even for her. So they're investigating what's going on! Side not that might be related- I can't upgrade or add extra's to my account at all through My02 I just have the following message. I've also double checked, my bills are all paid 🤣, via DD... so I have no idea what's causing this or why! Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 15.45.11.png

Message 7 of 14

Oxonian
  • 6325 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Calumthomas 

Are you using the MyO2 app or the web version ?

If you have only used the app, you could try online at https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/

If using the app, try deleting the app, rebooting your 'phone and then reinstalling the latest version of the app.

As you are aware, this is a customer to customer community. We are not O2 and hence if those suggestions do not work, you need to persevere with contacting O2.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2

Please let us know how you get on. 👍

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Calumthomas 

If your DD's have gone out and your MYO2 shows nothing owing, I wouldn't worry about it.

I had the same issue a while back but MYO2 was showing a deficit so I knew the DD's had failed.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

Calumthomas
  • 21 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, updated number 3 of this strange situation I’m in. I finally got through to o2 after being on hold for nearly 2 hours. 
The gentleman explained that my account was basically stuck on the old billing system, and they needed to manually convert it to the new, which would take up to an hour on the phone. Time I just didn’t have, so I asked what my other options are and he said they could allow my account to close, and o2 would cover all my termination fees. I specifically asked if this included my device plan and he said yes. Does that sound right to you? Because that sounds like it might be misinformation to me. I don’t want to agree to that and then end up with a big bill landing on my doorstop. 

IMG_3797.jpeg

Message 10 of 14