cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left O2 briefly, now switching back - how?

AdamInLondon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was tempted by a SIM only offer from Virgin.

So I got a PAC from O2 to take my number over to Virgin and started the transfer.

O2 then called me and offered me a slightly better deal which I accepted.

But the transfer to Virgin went through. It was too late to stop that.

I did not use the Virgin SIM.

I now have a PAC from Virgin to switch BACK to O2

I still have the O2 sim in my phone.

How do I complete the transfer back to O2?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AdamInLondon 

O2 help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

If you have any problems, speak to customer service Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Bringing your number to O2

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC code. This is made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. 

You can give us your PAC code when you order your new O2 connection or at any time afterwards. Once you’ve given us your PAC code you’ll switch to our network within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days. If you provide your PAC code at the weekend, you’ll switch on the following Tuesday.

If you want to switch to O2 at a later date, just contact us with your PAC code when you’re ready to switch. You can give us your PAC code online.Or call us on 202 free from your O2 phone, on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store. PAC codes are only valid for 30 days, but if yours expires, don’t worry – you can always request a new one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AdamInLondon 

O2 help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

If you have any problems, speak to customer service Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Bringing your number to O2

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC code. This is made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. 

You can give us your PAC code when you order your new O2 connection or at any time afterwards. Once you’ve given us your PAC code you’ll switch to our network within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days. If you provide your PAC code at the weekend, you’ll switch on the following Tuesday.

If you want to switch to O2 at a later date, just contact us with your PAC code when you’re ready to switch. You can give us your PAC code online.Or call us on 202 free from your O2 phone, on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone, or visit an O2 store. PAC codes are only valid for 30 days, but if yours expires, don’t worry – you can always request a new one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

AdamInLondon
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you!

Im near an O2 store, will pop in there at lunch time.

Adam.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4