Did you mean: 

Leave 02 (in contract sim only) poor service

MarkC71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good Morning all,

I have been with O2 for about 7 months now on a sim only deal (24m contract). However the service is appalling , I am unable to pick up some calls , they continually drop out , most of the time I only get 3G - sometimes 2 bars only on 4G.

i live on the South Coast UK with supposed full coverage .   How can I go about leaving with no penalty , it's just to much trouble to bare now with so many issues around reception. I had put a complaint in prior but just had a standard email saying 'we are working to towards a better service '

Sorry O2 I gave you a try .

kind regards 

Mark 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@MarkC71 

You can only leave penalty free within the first 14 days.

After that, you are deemed to have accepted the T&C's which specifically are written in O2's favour surrounding levels of service.

Your only option now is to continue pushing your complaint and see if there is any kind of agreement you can come to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

With great difficulty. Terms and conditions don't guarantee signal. That, in part is what the 14 day cooling off period is for, it gives you chance to check

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

WiFi Calling at home should work

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@MarkC71 

As @MI5 says, push your complaint. In due course, you might want to consider using Resolver :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 4 of 4