cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of signal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I have recently changed job location, and now have ZERO phone reception in my new area. Thats zero for the phone, zero for the internet. I am 5 minutes away from a large town, and only 10 minutes away from a very large town, I am not as remote as the lack of signal suggests.
To make it worse, there is 3, (orange and t-mobile) and vodafone reception here.
I have tried all the usual rebooting phone, going outside, walking down the road, its a complete dead zone for about a 5 minute walking radius at least.
I am on a sim only 12 month deal(second consecutive year same deal) and there is no early termination option (other than paying it all off in one go - (pointless/rude when explained to me)).
As a 5+year customer, I am just a bit dissapointed with this, through no fault of my own, I am lumbered with 6 months of bills for a service I can not use (and 02 have admitted there is a 3g issue in the area)
Does anyone have any advice that I can pursue this further - I understand that termination would usually involve a fee, I was jut hoping for some lenience to be honest.
Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
what is the predicted coverage as shown here http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker for your exact location switch between voice texts etc for 2g and mobile internet 3g.
and the same for the status checker http://status.o2.co.uk
Is your phone set to 3g only mode?
Only by progressing your issue to the complaints review service will the issue be looked at higher if customer service are unable to help.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Phone is not set to 3g only - (it works fine in other locations not on 3g).
I have used the status checkers below.
'Good Outdoors' (obviously not..)
Zero for mobile internet (I have been advised by 02 that there is an issue with the 3g network here).
what is the predicted coverage as shown here http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker for your exact location switch between voice texts etc for 2g and mobile internet 3g.
and the same for the status checker http://status.o2.co.uk
Is your phone set to 3g only mode?
Only by progressing your issue to the complaints review service will the issue be looked at higher if customer service are unable to help.
Message 3 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems, thhrough no fault of my own, I can not do anything about this 😞
Message 4 of 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Unfortunately not, you can use the Complaint Review Service to take it further, but I doubt anything can be done.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
although it was no fault of your own. it is also NOT o2s fault you moved into an area with no o2 coverage.
because you have been a customer for 5+ years, also doesnt guarantee you coverage wherever you go.
if you are loyal, you will stick it out. if not, just pay term fees to get out of contract.
BUT, o2 do update areas on a regular basis, so maybe the area you moved to could get better in future?
Message 6 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
'if you are loyal, you will stick it out'
If I told you to snap your sim card in half so you couldnt use it until the remainder of your contract... would you because you are loyal?
Absolute tripe.
Stick it out? I wont be sticking after this BECUASE I DO NOT HAVE ANY RECEPTION.
Wow, fail.
Message 7 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you agreed a contract, im sure you will stick it out.
if you are planning on leaving the country or going into debt, then its fine.
Message 8 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure the contract he agreed to was for network coverage.
I'm having the same battle with them. I refuse to pay the same bill as others are paying, when I can only use my phone 50% of the time.
Message 9 of 44

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
from the t&c
I – Services Agreement
1.1 These are the terms and conditions on which we supply Services to you.
Additional Services, offers and promotions may have additional terms and
conditions. We’ll put these on our Website and/or in our marketing materials.
Please check our Website because we update it regularly.
2 The Services we supply and what you can expect of us
2.1 The Service isn’t available everywhere in the United Kingdom. It isn’t available in
all other countries. It may be restricted to certain areas of those countries where it is
available. Not all Mobile Phones will be able to receive the Service. We only agree to
provide the Service to Mobile Phones that are approved by us.
2.2 The Service isn’t fault-free; a range of different geographic, atmospheric or
other conditions or circumstances beyond our control can impair it. For instance,
coverage is affected by things like the thickness of the walls of the building you’re
in. It might also depend on how many people near you are trying to use the Service
at the same time. For more information about the things that affect coverage,
please look at the dedicated Network pages of our Website. You’re entitled to the
quality of service generally given by a competent mobile telecommunications service
provider, using its reasonable skill and care.

I think the bold bit covers them and if you move after the 14 day period that is not o2's fault
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 44