Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my number

Grannyo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Started process of joining O2 from 3 on 5th May and received sim yesterday.  Texted swap and followed instructions but my phone is still working on 3 and I am unsure how long this will take to swap my number across.  The last text after asking to swap said my sim was activated and ready to go but as I want to keep my number I followed the instructions on the card which said to wait until service stopped on my 3 contract and then put O2 sim into phone.    Does this mean the swap hasn't happened as it's 24 hours  and now I'm worried that  I'm going to lose my number.  Can't get access to any live chat etc  to ask for help.  - do I just wait?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@Grannyo

Hi don't be worried please.
Currently swapping is taking a little bit of time so I will advise to keep rebooting your phone. Swapping can take up to 48 hours or more.

If you don't see any result after waiting for like 3 days or 5 days at most then contact O2 customer service for help.
Refer to the article for the numbers
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Grannyo 

It usually takes upto 48 hours. 

Wait until your 3 SIM loses connection then replace with O2 SIM. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@Grannyo

Hi don't be worried please.
Currently swapping is taking a little bit of time so I will advise to keep rebooting your phone. Swapping can take up to 48 hours or more.

If you don't see any result after waiting for like 3 days or 5 days at most then contact O2 customer service for help.
Refer to the article for the numbers
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Message 3 of 5

Grannyo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks. I'll be more patient!

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
You're welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5