Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep current SIM plan and just upgrade phone handsets

aucomesrazor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can I upgrade my phone handset and keep my current Airtime, Text and Data SIM plan? I was a Virgin mobile customer, now that O2 has took over my payments on my phone has finished. I would like to upgrade to a new phone, however when I look at upgrading the cost of the service plan iis much higher than I am paying now for less data. I would like to keep my current plan and just get a new phone. There are other mobile phone companies that have the same phone and service at a better price than what O2 is quoting me if I have to take out a new plan with a new phone. Like I said i would prefer to keep this current plan, as it is a better deal and just have a monthly payment plan for a new device. If anyone can clarify if that is possible I would appreciate it, thanks.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10292 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

@aucomesrazor 

No, you cant as you will need to sign up to a new airtime agreement as well. 

Your only option is to buy the handsets from another retailer at full retail costs sim free and put your sim in those handsets, or jump ship and port your number out, and take the better deals...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10292 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

@aucomesrazor 

No, you cant as you will need to sign up to a new airtime agreement as well. 

Your only option is to buy the handsets from another retailer at full retail costs sim free and put your sim in those handsets, or jump ship and port your number out, and take the better deals...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@aucomesrazor 

Some good deals can be had from resellers on all networks.

https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 3