cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's past 5 day's, I want out of this crap contract that stopped working from the moment I upgraded

JB-2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi can anyone help please as I have had rubbish service since July when 02 put me on a 24 month sim only contract, I've already spoken to 02 about this already months ago but nothing was resolved so I then called 02 back last week as I'm not paying for a service I don't receive.. I'm not getting text's on time, I can't hear the person on the other end of the phone. I was told that this would be resolved by now (3-5 day's) and yet still nothing!!

I'll take a payg sim and keep my old number as a compromise but I want out of this rubbish contract ASAP.. 

This is twice now where no one has resolved the issue. 

I also want refunded for the month's I've paid for. This is what you get for being loyal to 02. A crap service when you don't want to upgrade your device and spend a fortune. If someone hasn't got back to me by Monday, I'll cancel the direct debit and also contact Ofcom

This isn't good enough!!!! 

Any help appreciated as 02 aren't doing anything 

Tia.... 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@JB-2 We are customers. Nothing we can do to help. You have to just persevere with customer service.

Do not stop paying your contract. All that will do is put you in bother with your credit rating. Lodge a formal complaint: How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6619 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

A call to OFCOM will fall on deaf ears, individual complains are not their thing

Go through O2's official complaint service as outlined. That done you can then go to the communications ombudsman

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@JB-2 

What exactly changed when you "upgraded" in July ? Did you move to O2 from another network ? Did you change your handset ? Did you change your package ? Did you change your SIM ? 

If you can tell us a little more about your "upgrade" and the before and after, we might be able to make some suggestions. 

For example, we have :-

Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Do either of those help ? 

Message 4 of 8

JB-2
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I only upgraded my sim card and not the device, I've been with 02 for approx 8 years. I've never had a problem until I got this sim only contract. That's all their is to tell apart from them saying I'd be reimbursed and would have an outcome in 5 day's which clearly hasn't happened and I've rang them twice already about the same issue. It's a 24 month contract which is useless. I wish I'd never taken it. Hope that helps and thanks for responding slight_smile 

Message 5 of 8

JB-2
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I shall do as O2 haven't delivered on their promise yet either. Thanks for responding slight_smile 

Message 6 of 8

JB-2
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I will do, I won't stop paying but they make me so angry and I feel like it. I'm sick of paying for something that doesn't work. Just frustrating with everything I've got going on, my mother is unwell and my Dad is very sick with incurable lung cancer, I need my device to work. 😔

Thanks for your help slight_smile 

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Message 8 of 8