cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues adding Switch Up bolt on to my new upgrade.

Rog221
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded to a new handset this week, and the advisor in the store forgot to add on the o2 switch up bolt on to my new custom tariff as I'd asked him to. 

Now when I called the store to get this added on, I spoke to the guy who dealt with me in store and he apologised for the error and according to him, I have 14 days to do so from when I took out the new contract and I need to call customer services. 

I called customer services and they just say they can't do it and redirect me back to the store and its like a roundabout. 

One even told me to cancel my contract and take it out again with the new bolt on added this time!

So I visited the store again today and while they were onto customer services they were being told the same rubbish that they couldn't do it.

It even says on their website you have 14 days to add it as a bolt on but all they seem to want to do is fob me off over a £3.99 a month bolt on.

Well if they can't do it in the 12 days I now have left, I will be cancelling but its a joke, shouldn't be this stupid.

Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any advice I could use rather than cancelling the contract?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12195 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1133 Solutions

Everything we know about switch up is on the below guide @Rog221 

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

You should be able to add it by calling customer services, but reading the Ts & Cs (Terms & Conditions) it looks like it is only free if you are on a Plus plan and not a custom plan - you would need to pay extra for that.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
  • 6935 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1544 Solutions

Not sure, but it may appear in Extras in My O2....Worth a shot

Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras  

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

Rog221
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it doesn't display in my o2 Extras.

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
  • 12195 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1133 Solutions

Everything we know about switch up is on the below guide @Rog221 

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

You should be able to add it by calling customer services, but reading the Ts & Cs (Terms & Conditions) it looks like it is only free if you are on a Plus plan and not a custom plan - you would need to pay extra for that.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

Rog221
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So yesterday I gave up with customer services when they told me they couldn't add the switch up bolt on because when I took the new contract out last week they put me on a promotional tariff. So I visited a different o2 store who had the handset in stock and they did a 14 day exchange for me and I made sure this time they put me on the right tariff I asked for including switch up. They were really helpful and I was away within an hour with my exchanged phone and everything right this time. Problem solved. Thanks for the replies slight_smile 

Message 5 of 5