cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a list of sites/services that don't affect your data allowance?

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there a list of sites/services that don't affect your data allowance? And more specifically, is the background data my phone is slurping from Tu Go each day free or unfree?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I thought all data is charged and why would tugo be using cell data ?

Edit it uses a small amount as explained in the faq http://www.o2.co.uk/tugo/got-it

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
The my O2 app doesn't use any data
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've not come across any workarounds for general surfing I'm afraid even with the multitude of apps etc at my disposal....   wink

Message 4 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
If you are on one of the 4G tariffs (1, 5 or 8gb) you can game online without using your data allowance.
"Is all data for these games free?
Data used to download the games is not included. However, the initial set-up installation needs to be done on wifi as it is a very large file - and this is the most stable way to ensure a large download. Once you have downloaded and installed the game you can play away with no concerns of data charges. In order to check your data usage stats we always recommend using MyO2 for the most up-to-date and accurate reading."
From here: http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilegames
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
If you are on one of the 4G tariffs (1, 5 or 8gb) you can game online without using your data allowance.
"Is all data for these games free?
Data used to download the games is not included. However, the initial set-up installation needs to be done on wifi as it is a very large file - and this is the most stable way to ensure a large download. Once you have downloaded and installed the game you can play away with no concerns of data charges. In order to check your data usage stats we always recommend using MyO2 for the most up-to-date and accurate reading."
From here: http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilegames

@MI5 

Are they only for Android phones and contract customers ?

"Love gaming? O2 4G customers with Android phones can exclusively play brilliant multiplayer games from Gameloft. So you can play games such as Asphalt 8, Modern Combat 4 and Zombiewood with your friends or others around the world when you're on the move."

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Looks like it is - Can't see anything that says it's for other platforms or contracts.
It links through from here http://www.o2.co.uk/4g/4g-tariffs
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Looks like it is - Can't see anything that says it's for other platforms or contracts.
It links through from here http://www.o2.co.uk/4g/4g-tariffs

Not impressed with that !

Bang

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not impressed with that !

Bang

At least you don't have a price rise to come Dance

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 13

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
adamtemp: according to android's built in data counter, tugo has used 20mb of background data this month. I'm hoping that because it's on o2's server it is free, but I'm not sure...

Are these forums free, also?
Message 10 of 13