cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to step back from my contract?

Esther
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve recently moved back to Hungary so I no longer need this O2 SIM card. I have a 12 months contract - 50 Gb data + unlimited texts and calls -. Is it possible to terminate the contract before it ends?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Esther

Yes it is....you will need to pay off the remainder of your contract. Please follow this guide

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Esther

Yes it is....you will need to pay off the remainder of your contract. Please follow this guide

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

What you say is 100% correct, @Cleoriff, and paying off the remainder is the only option, but I have a feeling that's not what the OP had in mind.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m assuming the OP meant can they back out of their contract without paying termination fees which will not happen 

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

What you say is 100% correct, @Cleoriff, and paying off the remainder is the only option, but I have a feeling that's not what the OP had in mind.:smileywink:

Yes, I realise what they were saying @Bambino which is why I clarified with the words 'as long as you pay off the remainder of your contract' Not the answer the op wanted I suspect , though the only one possible. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Whichever network I go with next. it will be a 30 day rolling contract. Presumably moving back to Hungary wasn't something of a possibity or planned when taking out the contract.....?

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Whichever network I go with next. it will be a 30 day rolling contract. Presumably moving back to Hungary wasn't something of a possibity or planned when taking out the contract.....?

Who knows? tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the forum, @Esther Wave I hope you found the information above useful, but please do let us know if there's anything else the Community could help with!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 9

Esther
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No I didn’t plan to move back, but thank you for your comments.
Message 9 of 9