cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SafeSearch used by O2? Why can't I turn it off?

Osprey937
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

SafeSearch is like cockroaches. I can't get rid of it. It doesn't matter what I do, it turns itself back on, in every device I have. I can't visit sites like Urban Dictionary, or anything with remotely adult content - I'm treated like a child, even though there's no possibility of anyone under 30 looking at any of my devices.

I've read that an Internet Service Provider can apply SafeSearch. Is O2 applying SafeSearch, so I can't de-select it? I'd be surprised because I think it would slash their number of customers, but I can't see why else I'm being restricted.

I used to have a Sky WiFi connection at home, and never suffered any restriction. Now I'm using the O2 mobile hotspot, it feels like it's closed the door on half the internet.

If anyone has found a way of turning off SafeSearch and keeping it off, I'd like to know how. Or, if there's any other O2 internet limit which may have been applied unnecessarily to my account. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Osprey937 You'll need to speak to customer service to remove the restriction. Best chance of getting through is 8 am. Select any option. Even fraud.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions