cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International customer Service number

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently in New Zealand and have been since August. Everything was fine I was using my mobile as per usual in the UK. Everything was fine I was topping up via the web etc and my phone was working fine. As of mid December my phone suddenly and inexplicably stopped working. Whatever i try to do I just receive a message saying that there is no network.
I would like to get this problem sorted out asap but I have been unable to call an O2 advice line from abroad. Can you please give me a number that I can call from NZ that works, all of the number on the site when called say that they are no in use. and yes I have been using the 0044/+44 prefix.

Thank you
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I found this which may help:

All 0844 numbers can be reached from abroad via +44 844 xxx xxxx.

Please note that some smaller international telecom providers do not support the calls to UK's non geographic numbers.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just saying that 'some countries don't support non-geographic numbers' doesn't really cut it.

I have been trying to call customer services from Korea, and like blindpilot, there is no regular number to call. First thing I tried was getting rid of the '0' and putting +44 at the beginning.

Why can't O2 simply provide a customer services number that works overseas - which let's face it is when a) they make the most money from you and b) you are most likely to need their services.

Grrr...
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't see how it's O2's fault that a foreign landline operator doesn't recognise a valid UK number.
I've been to places that didn't recognise the 02 area code for London!
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
try their switchboard 01617055000, when the automated msg ends it'll transfer you to a switchboard operator
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 86776 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5054 Solutions
try their switchboard 01617055000, when the automated msg ends it'll transfer you to a switchboard operator

You need to ring that number within office hours, otherwise you just get the recorded opening hours message.Just check the time difference before you call from overseas.
2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM Icons(Twitter |
Instagram | Facebook)

5695219-2
Message 6 of 6