cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International caller bolt on - trial finished??

Ove22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi friendly people,

Do you know if the international caller trial has ended yet? If so, when did that happen?thinking

Thanks a lot for your help.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Ove22

I think the trial is over but this is what they are saying now

If you’re a Pay Monthly customer, and were using our International Favourites or International Extras services when they closed, you’ll have automatically been added to this trial. You’ll be able to see the International Calling Bolt On in My O2. We’ll be rolling this out to more customers in early 2018

Until we launch the full service next year, it will only be available to a limited number of Pay Monthly customers. Business and Pay As You Go customers are not eligible.

More info here

https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Ove22

I think the trial is over but this is what they are saying now

If you’re a Pay Monthly customer, and were using our International Favourites or International Extras services when they closed, you’ll have automatically been added to this trial. You’ll be able to see the International Calling Bolt On in My O2. We’ll be rolling this out to more customers in early 2018

Until we launch the full service next year, it will only be available to a limited number of Pay Monthly customers. Business and Pay As You Go customers are not eligible.

More info here

https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Ove22
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks guys! Really appreciate your quick reply.

I think I received this message as well, @jonsie. Since my phone died I have no way of finding this message again. Just got a new phone with new tariff but the bolt on has been removed!! Customer service said they can add it again for £3 a month, which I obviously don't want because I had the bolt on for free on my old tariff. After mentioning the trial was been added for free to my account a couple of months ago, the rep said the trial ended and everyone is now charged the monthly fee.😑

I don't think this is right. I certainly wasn't charged the standard rates in my last bill.
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Ah right. The thing is that when you change tariff, any offers or free bolt ons on a previous tariff end. So if I was to change tariff, I would lose the bolt on too unless I specifically tried to negotiate at the time. I doubt very much O2 will now make an exception but it's worth calling again to speak to another adviser. Nothing to lose only your time and who knows.....

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

You may want to call another adviser but will probably get the same answer @Ove22

Bottom line the trial is over for you and they will be rolling it out properly in 2018 according to the link I posted above...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Ove22
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ah I see, wasn't aware of this. I'm not very phone savvy and would have appreciated a bit more transparency. I will definitely speak to someone again.
Thanks for your help with this!
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Ove22 wrote:
Ah I see, wasn't aware of this. I'm not very phone savvy and would have appreciated a bit more transparency. I will definitely speak to someone again.
Thanks for your help with this!

No problem. I hope you get it sorted soon @Ove22 wink

Oh and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the forum @Ove22 Wave

It looks like @Cleoriff and @jonsie have shared some very useful information, but do let us know if you're still stuck and what comes out of your conversation with Customer Service later on!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9