Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Travel Inclusive Zone

Reggie3cl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, it seems if I roam for more than 63(?) days in Europe any inclusive minutes and data included in a plan cease to work under a fair use clause, but I cannot find such a cap or restriction on tarriffs that include O2's International Travel Inclusive Zone.  As I plan to be abroad for more than two months and will be visiting many of the countries the deal covers I would like to clarify this before I go. 

Does anyone know if included minutes and data will be cancelled on a longer international trip?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144753 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Reggie3cl 

Yes you are correct, but the cost of the travel package is factored into the tariff cost by O2 already so you don't pay extra for it but your tariff costs more than one without the travel package.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36249 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Your free entitlements stop, and you start to be charged standard rates, @Reggie3cl - info here: Guide: Roaming MegaGuide and https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144753 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Reggie3cl 

The 63 days in any 4 month period only applies to EU travel.

O2 Travel bolt on and Travel Inclusive do not have the restriction.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Reggie3cl
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well in that case it seems like a very good deal as it covers nearly every country I will visit in South and Central America over 4 1/2 months.

Message 4 of 8

Reggie3cl
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I did spot those, but it just seemed a bit good to be true - why have a 63 day restriction in Europe and not, for example, in Australia?

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144753 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Reggie3cl 

It's because EU roaming is free and the O2 Travel packages are chargeable.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Reggie3cl
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With the £14.99 'Plus Plan' (2 years) the International Package is included, and so my free allowance can be used abroad if I understand correctly.  For me, with 2 big trips upcoming, it seems unbeatable.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144753 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Reggie3cl 

Yes you are correct, but the cost of the travel package is factored into the tariff cost by O2 already so you don't pay extra for it but your tariff costs more than one without the travel package.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8