cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Text Usage

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see that the O2 T&Cs no longer offer the 4 for 1 text from abroad feature which made them different to other operators.

Like most of my colleagues, I chose O2 because I travel extensively throughout Europe and send many text messages. O2 were unique in not charging for the text message (usually around 11p) but they deducted 4 free texts from your UK allowance. As I have 1000 texts available per month that equates to 250 messages sent from around Europe.

This feature now seems to be missing from the O2 web site and I was wondering if anyone knew if existing contract holders would continue with the old system or be forced to pay for European texts in the future? If I send an average of 100 texts from Europe at 11p it will add £11 per month to my bill.

I have to say that many of the guys at work will leave O2 if this is the case as Vodafone and Orange have better deals overall.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85864 Posts
  • 592 Topics
  • 4624 Solutions
You still get the 4 for 1 for texts sent from overseas to a UK mobile. However if you have an allowance of 100 texts, that only equates to 25 texts to use up your allowance. Is your allowance 100 or 1000?
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry edited post to say allowance is 1000 texts.

Point is that O2 are removing the 4 for 1 European text feature and I would like to know if this will be applied to existing contracts or just new ones ?
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
If there is a change to your contract they need to give you notice. As they haven't done that its unlikely it will change. Personally, I would just call O2 and ask.
Because the deal has changed for new customers doesn't normally mean it changes for existing customers.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Old contracts keep the 4:1 text, any new ones will not have this, changes to your acount will mean you lose the 4:1.
Message 5 of 5