Did you mean: 

Insurance vs AppleCare with Switch Up?

cdesio
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, hope you are all well and can help me understand this situation:
I have recently (less than 1 month ago) upgraded and got a new iPhone, and with a plus plan I also got the Switch Up option. 
As every apple products, it recommends I activate AppleCare, but I have one doubt:
in the T&C of the Switch Up option, it says that if you want to return it, the iPhone must be in good conditions, and in case of a replacement (if you give them an iPhone with a different IMEI), it says "devices that may have been replaced under a valid insurance plan or warranty". Now I'm wondering: is AppleCare a valid insurance plan or warranty, of am I supposed to get an O2 insurance to cover for that case? I'm OK with purchasing an insurance, but I don't want to get the wrong one and lose the benefits I'm already paying for.
Thank you for your help!

Chiara

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36007 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

As per the SwitchUp FAQs:

What’s the difference between Switch Up and insurance?

Switch Up isn’t a replacement for insurance – it compliments it. So, if your phone’s damaged, lost or stolen, you’ll still need to make a claim on your insurance before you can make the most of Switch Up.

I'm pretty sure you'll have a paper-trail from the insurance company, regardless of which it is, to help prove your phone was subject to a claim and was replaced, hence it has a different IMEI.

Any doubts, reach out to O2 via Social Media, links just below for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, @cdesio 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36007 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

As per the SwitchUp FAQs:

What’s the difference between Switch Up and insurance?

Switch Up isn’t a replacement for insurance – it compliments it. So, if your phone’s damaged, lost or stolen, you’ll still need to make a claim on your insurance before you can make the most of Switch Up.

I'm pretty sure you'll have a paper-trail from the insurance company, regardless of which it is, to help prove your phone was subject to a claim and was replaced, hence it has a different IMEI.

Any doubts, reach out to O2 via Social Media, links just below for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, @cdesio 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144439 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@cdesio 

No need for additional insurance if you have Apple care

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3