Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instore

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

Just after some advice for someone I recommended to join o2 😄

They've gone for a sim only plan, with the current bank holiday approaching regards postal, can they go into an o2 store and get the sim replaced?

Online all I could find was they need to take photo ID, is that everything?

Thanks again 😆

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Edited response. If your friend is applying for a new sim only contract and are currently with another network they need to get their PAC from their old network and give that to O2.

If they don't have a contract with another network then they will have to apply to O2 and undergo a credit check.

If they do this instore they will need photo ID including a utility bill as proof of address

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Edited response. If your friend is applying for a new sim only contract and are currently with another network they need to get their PAC from their old network and give that to O2.

If they don't have a contract with another network then they will have to apply to O2 and undergo a credit check.

If they do this instore they will need photo ID including a utility bill as proof of address

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I think they are going to leave porting across the number until after the Bank Holiday just to be on the safe side of it all.

Just wanted to find out if they needed anything more than the photo ID to get a sim instore rather than wait for the new one to arrive by post. 

Thank you again 😊

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143419 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Sim cards are posted out first class and as the bank holiday doesn't start until Thursday, I imagine it will arrive before then.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4