Did you mean: 

Inflation

LS1990
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good evening,

Sorry to bother everyone here in the community, but it appears it is impossible to make actual contact with an O2 representative these days.

I was just wondering if I am the only person who has been given a 10% increase on my airtime bill? I understand the usual increases of 1 or 2%, but 10!!! Especially considering the awful service that's been delivered to myself over the last few years. 

I have been bombarded by calls recently from pushy sales reps from O2 insisting I have to upgrade, but at no point was the increase mentioned. Due to this, I was wondering if the 10% bump was being introduced to force this decision, or if we have all been taken advantage of and financially abused equally.

Regards,

Unhappy customer

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@LS1990 

It's the annual RPI which is rather excessive but unfortunately in the terms and conditions of your contract.

This gives you a full explanation..

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@LS1990 

It's the annual RPI which is rather excessive but unfortunately in the terms and conditions of your contract.

This gives you a full explanation..

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35750 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

In addition to @Cleoriff's answer above about the annual RPI cost increase: Those pushy sales reps are usually O2 Trusted Partners, who get your number from O2 as your MyO2 Contact Preferences are all checked - take a look in the MyO2 app, find Contact Preferences, you will be sent an SMS to access this section (2 SMS, one a Security warning, one an OTP), and then you will see a screen like this - uncheck all 3 boxes,@LS1990:

Screenshot_20220413-063428.png

O2 usually never call you about upgrades, it is one of the partners - and they are renowned for quoting prices for Business contracts, without the VAT. Good luck!

Message 3 of 3