Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing data allowance

Toffee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just logged onto my O2 and see that my data allowance is 1gb for £6.16 per month.  It was 3gb when I signed up which must be over a year ago so assume it was only for the first year.  Looks like other providers are offering better options than I am seeing here.  Is it worth popping into an O2 shop to see if they can give a better rate than what I am being offered on my O2?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Toffee 

Login to your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and look at your upgrade options.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Toffee 

Login to your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and look at your upgrade options.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Toffee
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply.  Yes I saw that I could change tariff to 2gb for £7.18 or 3gb for £8.21 but those prices are still on the high side compared to other providers.  Are those set in stone do you know? Or is there negotiation available?

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Toffee 

Rather than change tariff, can you not "upgrade" ?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Toffee
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well the phone is only a year or so old so don't feel it needs upgrading as yet.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Toffee 

You don't need to upgrade the phone, just the tariff to sim only, but you may not be able to as you've only had it a year.

Worth checking though or giving customer service a call on 202.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Toffee
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes thanks, good shout.  Seems that customer service are only taking emergency calls so I looked at sim only contracts but they are more expensive than if I were to change tariff.  So I'll shop around and see where the best deal is.  Thanks for your suggestions, you've been really helpful.yahoo

More info

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hope you find something suitable @Toffee 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
If you can find more than 3GB, for less than £8.21, then let me know, because that is baby chicken stuff.
Message 9 of 9