cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect tariff charge showing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I can upgrade today and I have decided to switch to the sim-only deal as I do not need a new phone. I chose the deal 5GB data, unlimited texts/calls for £15 (currently on offer), however it shows up as £24 per month on my app and on the profile. I thought something went wrong and clicked on upgrade again as it showed 'You're changing from £24 to £15 per month'. I am literally confused why this is showing as £24 per month. Is this going to show up after 24h?

I am sick and tired of calling the customer service as the people there are not very helpful. I am hoping that somebody here can shed some light on this issue. 

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

The tariff itself is £24 however you get a £9 monthly discount which gets applied after the upgrade is completed. It will show up in your Bolt-ons section.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

The tariff itself is £24 however you get a £9 monthly discount which gets applied after the upgrade is completed. It will show up in your Bolt-ons section.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I hope that I won't be charged twice as I placed two upgrade orders after getting worried something went wrong the first time.

Anyway, many thanks for your help! 

Message 3 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We have a community help guide which explains all this here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/Where-is-my-discount/bc-p/1075494
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If its a promotional offer it will be shown as a bolt on...See here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

No worries glad to help, with the double billing I can’t tell for sure but there probably will be a pro-rata bill issued but shouldn’t be anything more than a couple pennies higher then what you signed up to.
Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

No worries glad to help, with the double billing I can’t tell for sure but there probably will be a pro-rata bill issued but shouldn’t be anything more than a couple pennies higher then what you signed up to.

They always show the full amount until the bill is generated...then the discount is applied. It's the discounted amount thats paid.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah thats right all I’m saying is the OP did technically change between 3 tariffs on one day so depending on the time between the upgrades the bill might be higher or lower as the first bill after the upgrade will be pro-rata.

Message 8 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
First bill is explained here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Anonymous Even though you have an aversion to speaking to Customer Service, you really should call to double check that you're not being charged twice. We've seen these kinds of errors happen before.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 13