Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect charge on bill

Jenjen213
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My last 02 bill had an incorrect charge. 

From the 9th to 16th June I was in Rhodes, Greece. I had a message to say my plan in the same as if I was at home. On the 13th June, I put my phone in flight mode, when I took off flight mode, it said welcome to turkey you will be charges £6 per day. I put straight back into flight mode. I was not in turkey, I did not leave Rhodes. At this point I was on a bus heading to the old town in Rhodes. 

My bill came through and I have been charged £5 for being outside EU roaming (not £5) plus the VAT this has then incurred. If you look at the GPS you can see where I was.

Please can this amount plus the vat be refunded please. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Auto select in the network settings latches on to the strongest network.

This need to be changed when travelling to Turkey/Greece to manual network to prevent these sort of billing problems

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Auto select in the network settings latches on to the strongest network.

This need to be changed when travelling to Turkey/Greece to manual network to prevent these sort of billing problems

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6653 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

It's not incorrect. It is called Accidental Roaming and happens when a phone is set to Automatic in network selection. The phone will choose the strongest signal and in some parts of Greece and islands such as Rhodes that comes from Turkey.

The way to stop it is to make your network selection manual and then choose a Greek Network.

This guide is for mainly Cyprus but covers all you need to know

Guide: Roaming in Turkey and Cyprus 

BTW I once roamed in France whist working at Dover Castle!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3