Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect bill

Mrskipling
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Phone upgrade effected 28 February 2024, but due to phone not being suitable  returned to 02. Phone shows received by 02 21 March 2024. Unable to restart upgrade as system showed order processing. Please try again.

electronic sim would not work nor would original sim in upgraded phone and 02 cut service on March 14 th.

Despite numerous phone calls, still being billed for this phone . Direct debit cancelled and now being harassed for payment not due. Now today further messages threatening late payment charges.

Outstanding bill (1 week) and have had 8 messages yet phone back with you 6 and a half weeks but still demanding payment.

can someone put a stop on the overdue payment until you guys sort this or do I have to go to Ofcom?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36503 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

@Mrskipling  - You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217, a free call.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support
Best time to call is around 8.00am, usually - but as it is a Bank Holiday in UK on 06-May-24, you may find they use Sunday hours.

If you have no access to a phone, you can try using Skype: Guide: A Guide to Skype 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6379 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Just to add a couple of points @Mrskipling :-

1. this is a customer to customer forum with no O2 staff present. We cannot put a stop to anything because we are not O2 ! 

2. you cannot go to OFCOM as they do not deal with complaints from individuals. If this remains unresolved, you can escalate to the Ombudsman, but only after you have exhausted O2's internal complaints' procedure. 

3. cancelling your direct debit and not paying will have damaged your credit score. O2 are ruthless in this regard.  

Message 3 of 5

Mrskipling
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, I meant Ombudsman. This had already been escalated without anything further. A dispute was opened and nothing further after 2 weeks.

i appreciate cancelling a direct debit is not the answer but would you continue to pay for a device you don't have or asim that no longer works? I doubt it!

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6379 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

That is fine then @Mrskipling, the problem is that many cancel their direct debit without realising that it can have serious consequences some time later ; if you have made your decision in the knowledge that it might affect your credit score, then that is your prerogative. 👍

Good luck with the Ombudsman and please update us on developments. 😀    

Message 5 of 5