Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call from Bosnia resulting in me being charged

apbran
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This morning my mobile gave one ring. The number was +3876185943 which the phone identifies as Bosnia and Herzegovina.  The call did not connect and I don’t know anyone there and wasn’t expecting a call.

Shortly thereafter I was notified that my O2 charge limit had been reached so I checked and I have been charged £5 for a call 3 minutes 20 seconds long.  I am writing to say there wasn’t a call which connected either inbound or outbound so how have I been charged?

regards,

Paul

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144962 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27810 Solutions

@apbran 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2, so we cannot access your account, sorry.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

ECO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have also had an invoice from o2 asking for £347.46 for a call lasting over 3 hrs to a Bosnian number 0038761173037 it was made in the same day as your call 26 Feb.

did you get anywhere with o2? 
they say they will get back to me in 5 days 

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@ECO 

Please take the advice offered by @MI5. You have to perservere with them by calling and using social media.

£350 is a lot of money for a call which you didn't make!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36428 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1620 Solutions

@Dave-O2 - what's the story with this "get a call from Bosnia-Herzegovina and find a huge charge on your bill the next day (if you can get into your MyO2!)?

Is it a known issue? Is there advice about it anywhere available? (I have not googled it yet, later I shall!).

Sounds like it has been around a while:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=Bosnia&sort_by=-topicPostDate&collapse...

Message 5 of 12

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 95 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

There is no charge for receiving calls in the UK.

I've known many people claim otherwise over the years, but never once seen documentary evidence of the charge - a screenshot of the bill, for example.

Message 6 of 12

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 95 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:

Of course, we have numerous guides available that might help :- 

There is no charge for receiving calls in the UK.

Message 8 of 12

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 678 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 19 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

It sounds like these type of calls from unknown international numbers are often part of a scam, sometimes known as Wangiri (one ring) and is where the fraudster leaves a missed call on your phone, intentionally not giving you a chance to answer it. If you call it back, you could incur high costs. You should report Wangiri calls to nuisance@telefonica.com including details of your mobile number, the number calling you, and the time and date of the call(s).

More help and advice ➡️ Nuisance calls and texts

@ECO Can you please also report this spam caller by texting CALL to 7726 and we'll respond by asking for the number calling you.

Please keep me updated on how you get on.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Thanks for that info @Dave-O2 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12