Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of urgent help

leongriffiths
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello everyone my names leon and I've recently had a bit of a problem with a contract of mine so a month or so ago me and my girlfriend split for personal reasons and 4 or 5 months before that I took out a contract in my name for her so she could work. But I no longer want to pay for something that is not in my possession and she refuses to hand the phone over to me and hasnt been even sending me money for it so what should I do? I dont even know the 02 account login data for it, it's in my name but didnt link to my original 02 account so I have no way of getting into the account to cancel it and 02s help page is like a huge maze, someone please help! Lesson well learnt though definitely was a stupid idea
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27828 Solutions

@leongriffiths 

Your only option is to stop paying and O2 will bill you for the entire amount of contract.

If you don't pay, the phone will be cut off and you will get a negative on your credit score.

As this isn't the best route forward you need to try and work it out with your ex.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would report it lost/stolen. Phone and account barred. Then you either carry on paying or ay off the device plan.

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

Message 3 of 6

leongriffiths
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've been trying to sort things and she keeps saying she will just pay me the money each month but has not been so I may just have to report it, if I ring 02 themselves do you think they would understand and can sort it?
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27828 Solutions

@leongriffiths 

They should listen to you as you are the registered account holder.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi Leon,

As you are the owner of the account I would report it lost/stolen. A bar would be placed on the phone & account. You can then request a new sim to be sent to your address. Once this arrives ring up , unbar the account , activate the sim and request for the number to be changed(you get one free number change). 

I have seen many instances like this in store and some of the possible resolutions are as follows: 

1) Lower the airtime to the lowest amount possible and continue the payments until the contract is finished.

2) Pay off the entire device plan so that you can cancel the airtime thus ending the contract.

3) once you change the number you can see if you can get a close friend or family member wants to takeover the account however its worth noting that you will still be the one responsible for the contract until its cancelled.

signature
Message 6 of 6