cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 5s 32GB Deals

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with O2 for years. I am happy to stay but I have found that I can get a much better O2 contract on an iPhone 5s 32GB with Mobiles.co.uk. They are offering 5GB of Data + £99.99 up front for £38 a month. Whereas O2 direct/shop are offering only 1GB and £199.99 up front for the same amount. Has anyone got any comments on: a) will O2 give me something better on my upgrade date (they have implied but not confirmed that they might) and b) is there any problem getting my phone from Mobiles.co.uk? I do NEED a 32GB as I currently have used 27GB on my 4s.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

Some people like CPW and some people dont.

Some got on with them and some didnt but thats sometimes the case for any company.

Personally i've not had any issues with that company.

Just ensure that any contract taken out is checked thoroughly by yourself before signing on the dotted line.

Perhaps update your thread when its your upgrade time to say what way you went.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and Welcome to the Community Forum,

You could try speaking to O2's retention department when it's time to upgrade.

It is known that sometimes the independants can give better deals.

People have used Mobiles.co.uk and commented on here and found them fine.

I believe its a branch of Carfone Warehouse.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for your help. Yes it is connected to Carphone Warehouse but strangely offers better deals than them/ assume that's because they are online only and don't have the shops to support.. I will contact retentions next week and see what they have to offer. If they can give me something better I'll upgrade that way. If not then at least you have confirmed to me that other didn't have too many major problems with Mobiles.co.ukthanks again  

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

Some people like CPW and some people dont.

Some got on with them and some didnt but thats sometimes the case for any company.

Personally i've not had any issues with that company.

Just ensure that any contract taken out is checked thoroughly by yourself before signing on the dotted line.

Perhaps update your thread when its your upgrade time to say what way you went.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just upgraded direct with O2. They offered me the 1GB contract for only £10 more up front than Mobiles.co.uk. I decided it was worth the extra tenner to get the options of Refresh early upgrade or the reduced payments after 2 years if I keep the phone.Also if I have a problem with the phone I could go in the shop and not have to send it to Mobiles.co.uk. I'm quite satisfied with the outcome.   

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to hear.

If you do have any issues then please consider going to an apple store first via a Genius Bar appointment.

They will diagnose , fix or replace the iPhone for you.

O2 insist on x3 repairs.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that The Apple Stores are very knowledgeable but wasn't aware that they would do replacements if necessary if it wasn't purchased directly from them. Thanks for the info it's great to know.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes they do.

These are typically mint refurbished handsets if they have the model in stock or a brand new one if refurbs are not available.

You wouldn't be able to tell it is a refurb Apart from it coming in a plain white or black box.
Message 9 of 9