cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERNATIONAL SMS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to UK and i want a service that offers the cheapest rates for texting from UK to ABROAD.
I did my research and all services say that it cost 20p.
But i read in O2 my country that it offers 10p but in other place it was also saying 20p.
whats the fact?
is it really 10p?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi irfanzaidi,
Before you get excited about O2's international SMS services, I would advise you to check and see if O2 texts actually reach (get sent) to the destination (country) you wish to send texts to, as O2 are notorious for charging 20p(sometimes more) for texts which disappear into a black hole and never reach the intended destination, but you get charged all the same for the privilege, I learnt this from experience. wink
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85688 Posts
  • 591 Topics
  • 4585 Solutions
Have a look at the International Caller bolt on. It's a one-off payment of £4.99 and the link will give you the price of 10p texts to most countries.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah i cheked on O2 site... my country is in the list..
it says txt 10p
landline 7p
cell 30p
thanx for help ppl
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
it says txt 10p
landline 7p
cell 30p

I meant, actually send a text message (SMS) to the person in your chosen country and confirm whether or not it has been received :robotindifferent:
O2 are funny with SMS sometimes, they fail to deliver whereas most other networks don't have that problem. 😐
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
it says txt 10p
landline 7p
cell 30p

I meant, actually send a text message (SMS) to the person in your chosen country and confirm whether or not it has been received :robotindifferent:
O2 are funny with SMS sometimes, they fail to deliver whereas most other networks don't have that problem. 😐

What evidence do you have for that? I believe you are making generalisations.
If an SMS is not received you can call O2 with the date and time of the SMS. O2 can see if the text has left their network. If it has then the fault lies with the receiver's network or phone. The receiver should contact their provider, although its often a case that its user error.
Message 6 of 6